Top-tier research requires top-tier equipment. To extend our research capabilities, we need a high-resolution digital microscope, which will allow our scientists to visualize molecular interaction in the cells and tissues in 3-D mode. This means we will be able to do our research with remarkable speed and greater efficiency.
Join us in being part of the cure!
All it takes is a $150 or more gift and you can fund part of this microscope, personally advancing our research in finding a cure for diabetes.
For any gift of $1,000 or more, you will be invited to the christening of the new microscope and will be part of the microscope recognition circle.
With the holidays fast approaching, why not give a gift in honor of someone special (or for the person on your list who has everything)!
We need to raise a total of $150,000, so tell your friends!
To give a gift by mail, please make your check payable to UCI Foundation
(memo line: Diabetes Center B7M03) and mail to:
UC Irvine Diabetes Center
Attn: Advancement Office
333 City Blvd. West, Suite 605
Orange, CA 92868
Making an Impact!
- New drug discovery – new chemical molecules to prevent development of Type 1 Diabetes and improve management of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Obesity research – identified novel mechanism of obesity that lead to abnormal metabolism in fat. This study will contribute to better therapeutic targeting.
- Prevention of diabetes with Islet cell auto-transplantation when patients receive pancreas surgery.
- Developing a new animal model of diabetes heart disease, this model will help accelerate future research in this area.
- Completing the first map of human stem cell genetic structure.